Head of Bridges Engineering to lead a team of 50 bridge engineers delivering major programmes of work for HS2, Network Rail and local authorities.
At Systra have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Bridges Engineering to lead a team of 50 bridge engineers delivering major programmes of work for HS2, Network Rail and local authorities. Systra have contracts to deliver bridge viaduct solutions on HS2, bridge reconstructions and asset maintenance solutions for Network Rail and local authorities. They are also part of a global transportation business with the opportunity to work on iconic bridge design schemes all over the world. It can be based in our York, Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow offices with homeworking initially.
This is a key role that underpins the growth of our dynamic, high performing UK delivery organisation, blending technical and commercial awareness with strong communication and people management skills. The discipline lead will adopt the role of functional line manager of their discipline, as well as being deployed in the delivery of projects at senior level. The key focus of the role will be management of a team of up to 50 Bridge Engineers to deliver design solutions on a range of Projects such as Trans Pennine Route Improvement, HS2 Main works Civil Engineering, Network Rail Structures Assessment Framework & local authority bridges.
– Client engagement and Work Winning:
– Leadership of the Civil Engineering Team
– Technical Leadership of discipline and assurance of design production
– Training, development and mentorship within the discipline
– Resourcing of bids and projects and utilisation/productivity of the discipline
– Relevant degree and chartership status
– An accomplished and highly experienced Bridge Engineer within the Infrastructure and Engineering industry, particularly with a rail focus
– Railway infrastructure Design expertise
– Design Consultancy experience
– Excellent team leadership and development experience
– Demonstrable results in client relationship development and organic work winning
– Experience working at senior level with internal stakeholders at group level and clear ability to operate strategically and forward plan