20 Most Inspirational Women in Rail Announced
On the 17th June 2016 Women in Rail announced the winners of its search for the 20 Most Inspirational Women in Rail.
Launched in February, the survey is the first of its kind, celebrating women in the UK railway sector who have positively influenced others over the course of their railway career and are an inspiration to peers, colleagues and those interested in joining the rail industry.
Nominees were judged on the following criteria, number of nominations, impact on colleagues, impact on customers and impact on the future of the rail sector.
Women in Rail received nearly 200 nominations from men and women across the industry. The top 20 were chosen by Women in Rail’s Steering Committee.
Women in Rail will release a report containing interviews with the 20 winners and the list of all the nominees in September.
Celebration drinks will take place in London on 7th September (please see our Event Page for further details). See you there!
The 20 Most Inspirational Women are:
- Alero Abbey – Area Manager Green Park at London Underground
- Amelia Woodley – Thameslink Environmental Manager at Network Rail
- Charley Whitelock – Community Relations Apprentice at Costain – ATC Joint Venture Project
- Claire Douglas – Driver at Direct Rail Services
- Clare Waller – Head of Timetable Development at Arriva
- Debbie Bewley – Sustainability and Assurance Manager at Carillion Rail
- Dyan Crowther – Chief Operating Officer at GTR
- Helen Kellaway – Lead Systems Engineer at Siemens
- Hollie Woodard – Project Manager at VolkerRail
- Jane Simpson – Chief Engineer at Network Rail
- Lucy Gardner – Senior Engineer at Arup
- Maggie Simpson – Executive Director at Rail Freight Group
- Margaret Kay – Managing Director at Stagecoach Supertram
- Mary Roberts – Managing Director at Cat 1 Training
- Nita Rabadia – Head of Specification and Assurance at HS2 Ltd
- Sally Clarke – Upgrades Delivery Manager (Crossrail & 3rd Party) at Transport for London
- Sara Clark – Commercial Guard at South West Trains
- Susan Cooklin – Route Services Director at Network Rail
- Suzanne Patterson – West Anglia HR Business Partner at London Overground Rail Operations Ltd
- Wendy Spinks – Commercial Director at HS1 Ltd