For more information and to apply, click “Enquire Now” below.
Locations: Derby, London, York
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, whilst also developing your career and reputation? Then, you may be interested in COWI’s Apprenticeship programme.
COWI offers an interesting start to your career through activities, training, and networking. You are hired in a specific position, and in parallel to your general tasks, you complete a five-year training programme geared towards achieving a Civil Engineering Degree. Throughout the programme, you will also have a buddy to support you.
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL’S TEAM
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the UK team, you’ll support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You’ll be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering and reclamation projects.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We’re looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the civil engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- With the support of your project manager, plan and prioritise your workload
- Contribute to solving technical problems with your team
- Carry out engineering designs and assessments
- Prepare design reports and drawings
- Collaborate with Engineers across many disciplines
- Be responsible for delivering your own work to a high standard
- Attend site visits and client meetings as required
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow’s societies. Alongside your manager, you’ll outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you’ll be a creative team player with excellent English communication and analytical skills. You’ll also have a passion for learning, be reliable, practical, self-motivated and keen to get involved in problem-solving.
Furthermore, we’re looking for the following qualifications and attributes:
- A commitment to complete a five-year degree while working
- 96 UCAS points or equivalent
- Three A levels at Grades A*-C including Maths and Physical Science or will have completed a Level 3 apprenticeship as Civil Engineering Technician and hold two distinctions for a BTEC National Diploma in Civil Engineering or related studies
- GCSE grade C in English and Maths required
If successful, you’ll undertake a degree qualification in BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering through day release as well as working towards your Incorporated Engineer status with the Institution of Civil Engineers.
We’ll support you the entire way, pay for your qualification at Leeds Beckett University, and will introduce you to a mentor to coach and guide you through your development journey.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
Annual Wage: £18,000
Working week: this will be a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week and you will be paid for the normal working hours and training that’s part of your apprenticeship.
You can also take advantage of our full range of benefits.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Gym membership
- Private health care
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Long service award of extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and one extra day’s holiday after 5 years’ service
- Professional membership fees reimbursed
- Employee ownership through COWI share programme
- Cycle to work scheme
You must be available to commence employment in Autumn 2021 in order to be considered for this role.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Recruitment Partner, Ciaran Gilfedder on email@example.com
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.