To apply, click “Enquire Now” below
We are looking for a home-based Lead Auditor. The role will involve travel so you will need to be based in the following region: northern part of East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
Within the Assurance department, the core focus is on delivering and overseeing RSSB’s range of services for railway industry health, safety and quality assurance which are at the heart of the British railway’s assurance processes. This includes the two existing, and significant, supplier assurance schemes and products. The Lead Auditor will perform audits and analyse the competency, capability and capacity of an entity and its employees’ services and products. Preparing reports and performing risk management tasks to protect, improve safety, efficiency and ensure compliance with appropriate standards and regulations.
Responsible for undertaking audits on suppliers registering to provide services through RSSB, using the Rail Industry Supplier Qualification System (RISQS).
- Ensure compliance with scheme procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation and adherence with business procedures.
- Undertake remote and client site-based audits through planning, opening, carrying out and closing audit procedures and protocols
- Attend meetings and interview staff to gather audit evidence.
- Examine policies, procedures, competency records, financial records and other documentation submitted as evidence.
- Observe business procedures and continually update reports and findings and use analytics to assess operational business risks.
- Prepare or contribute to a final audit report, including making recommendations for improvements to systems and/or processes.
- Discuss conclusions and recommendations from the audit with suppliers.
- Complete audit reports by documenting audit tests and findings in a timely manner (in accordance with the scheme requirements).
- Appraise the adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires, recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicate with a range of stakeholder levels including management to understand the business and their needs and to share audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
- Comply with relevant standards, acting in a professional manner at all times whilst representing RSSB.
- Prepare special or remote audit and control reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising operating information, evidence and trends.
- Deputises for the Senior Lead Auditor as required.
- IRCA accredited Lead Auditor.
- Experience in auditing against defined standards.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or IOSH Technical (or equivalent).
- Specialist audits NEBOSH Construction or equivalent.
- Experience in the rail sector or a willingness to develop knowledge of the rail industry.
- Proficient with IT including MS applications.
- Knowledge of relevant RSSB Assurance and Infrastructure Manager Standards or an ability and willingness to be developed in this area.
- Competency in The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 or an ability and willingness to be developed in this area.
- A proactive approach and ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to influence and resolve disputes effectively.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence at all levels, provide instruction effectively, explain complex ideas and issues and to present to a varied audience.
- Ability to organise and plan ahead as well as effectively manage own time.
- A track record of continuous development including keeping up to date with rail notifications and rail news.
- Attention to detail and the ability to make decisions and reach conclusions objectively.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.
To apply, click “Enquire Now” below
- Web: www.rssb.co.uk