Full time 37 hrs, HQ London, (Reference 003042)
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
We are looking to recruit a Train Planning Trainee to join our expanding Planning & Performance team. You will receive full training to use our planning systems, and will be mentored by the rest of the team to ensure that you are provided with the required knowledge to apply your training to the role. You will learn in detail the three core elements of Train Planning (timetabling, rolling stock diagramming and traincrew diagramming), and you will also gain an awareness of Access Planning, and how rail replacement bus services are planned.
Once you have received and completed your training you will become a Train Planning Specialist, and fully integrate yourself into the Train Planning team. You will in conjunction with the Amended Timetable Manager in producing amended train plans to operate when planned engineering works and special events (such as football) take place. This will involve producing amended timetables, plus rolling stock and traincrew diagrams. You will also produce specifications for rail replacement bus services so that we can still provide a service to our customers when planned engineering works take place.
- Produce robust, high quality amended train plans
- Produce cost efficient, yet performance robust crew diagrams
- Provide accurate and timely information to stakeholders (internal and external)
- Working alongside rail replacement bus suppliers to ensure our customer needs are met
- Provide support for Access Planning matters
What it takes:
The role requires a talented candidate who enjoys planning and applying logic when finding solutions to complex issues. The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Interest in the rail industry and how it works, especially Train Planning / Performance
- 4 or 5 GCSE’s grade 5 or above including Math and English and minimum 3 A levels grade B or above
- Strong level of IT skills, with an aptitude to learning new systems
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Methodical approach to work
- The ability to work well with others
- Complex problem-solving skills
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drugs and alcohol check
What we offer:
- Starting salary – £25,000 (rising to £33,000 after successful completion of training)
- Final salary pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (including all recognised bank holidays in England)
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
Click Enquire Now below for more information and to apply.
- Name: c2c